Jobs : Registrar -Needed Urgently - Apply Now
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University.
- He is, by virtue of the office, the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation of the University.
- The Registrar is, therefore, expected to give positive leadership in the administration of the University.
Required Experience: 15+ year(s)
Qualifications and Experience:
- For the vacant post, the University seeks a candidate with vision, proven academic distinction, managerial ability, integrity, transparency in private and public life.
- The right candidate should have ability to develop linkages with external communities to support the emerging needs of the University, command respect and engender cooperation and loyalty of all staff and students of the University.
- The candidate must possess a good honours degree, not less than second class upper division from a recognized University plus a minimum of fifteen (15) years post- qualification experience with at least ten (10) years cognate experience in university administration.
- The candidate should not be below the rank of Deputy Registrar. Possession of Higher Degree(s) and a formal training in the administration of tertiary education institution will be an advantage.
- Candidates should also be of good health, sound judgment, pleasant disposition and unassailable integrity.
- Membership of recognized professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- The candidate should be ICT literate and not be more than sixty (60) years in age, on appointment.
The appointment shall be for one term of five (5) years only.
The salary and conditions of service shall be as obtainable in Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date:
13th March, 2015
Method of Application:
Candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their applications and curriculum vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The curriculum vitae should highlight the following:
- Full Name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail and Telephone numbers
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of 3 referees
Application should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes marked: "Post of Registrar" to:
The Vice -Chancellor,
Federal University Oye-Ekiti,
Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under "Confidential Cover" directly to the "Vice Chancellor".