Qualifications and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in IT-related field (Computer Science, Computer Networking, Programming, and Information Systems). Significant work experience in a directly related field will be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 2 years work-related experience.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or equivalent very desirable.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent desirable.
- Microsoft system administration experience.
- Good grasp of complex network, security, mobile, desktop, server, telephony, and backup technologies in use within CRS.
- ITIL Foundation Certified desired.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience in introduction, design, implementation, and adoption of relevant technology and management tools.
- Solid grasp of network and server technology and tools.
- Advanced-user level knowledge of agency-supported ICT4D solutions.
- Solid knowledge of backup and disaster recovery systems.
- Strong client-service focus; able to work with diverse groups of people in a team-oriented environment.
- Skilled in obtaining information necessary to accomplish duties.
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at functional level.
- Able to quickly research, learn, and implement new technologies.
- Able to communicate technical ideas and concerns in a non-technical environment.
- Able to adapt and learn.
- Ability to anticipate systems’ impact on organizational and user effectiveness.
- Strong organization and planning skills, detail-oriented.
- Maturity and discretion, able to work with, and maintain confidential information.
- Exceptional Fluency in written and spoken French; Intermediate fluency in written and spoken English, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel to field locations regularly and sometimes on short notice
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
- Approximately 10-30% travel.
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document.
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
- Title of the position and desired location must be stated as the subject of the email e.g. ICT Officer - Abuja.
- Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.