Jobs : Registrar -Needed Urgently - Apply Now
If any company or recruiter demands money from you, please report to us immediately. View list of fake recruiters/companies you should avoid Here
The Institution which is today known as Federal Polytechnic, Oko, was approved by the Anambra State Government in 1979 as a College of Arts and Science. In June, 1980, the Institution was upgraded to a College of Arts, Science and Technology. And in 1985, an Edict of the Anambra State Government formalized the status of the College as a Polytechnic and named it Anambra State Polytechnic, Oko. Finally, in 1993, the State Polytechnic was taken over by the Federal Government and was renamed Federal Polytechnic, Oko, with Campuses in Atani and Ufuma.
The Governing Council of the Federal Polytechnic, Oko hereby announces the vacant position of Registrar in keeping with the provisions of the Act setting up the Polytechnic, as amended, and in exercise of its powers contained therein. Consequently, applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position. Interested candidates are requested to note the following information about the Polytechnic:
Duties of the Registrar
The Registrar shall be responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Polytechnic.
He shall be the Secretary to the Council, the Academic Board and any Committee of the Council and shall attend all meetings of those bodies unless excused for good reason by the Chairman of the Council.
The Registrar shall also perform such other duties as the Rector may from time to time assign to him.
Required Experience: 15+ year(s)
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Qualities of the Candidate
- The candidate must be a person of impeccable integrity with the ability to command the respect and trust of both staff and students.
- The candidate must possess drive, initiative and foresight and must understand the intricacies and complexities of the 21st Century higher educational institution.
- The candidate must in addition be capable of articulating the vision of the Polytechnic generally and be able to drive a vibrant Registry.
- The candidate must be of pleasant disposition with sound leadership qualities and must be of good physical and mental health.
- The candidate shall submit a statement on his/her vision/mission for the Polytechnic which should not be more than seven hundred (700) words.
Candidate must hold a good Bachelor's degree from a recognized institution of higher learning with good honours degree or its equivalent in a relevant discipline with at least 17 years cognate experience or a Master&'s degree with 15 years cognate experience or a doctorate degree with 12 years cognate experience, part of which must have been in the position of a Deputy Registrar in a Federal Polytechnic.
Candidates must in addition be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) complaint, and should not be above 60 years of age on appointment.
Tenure/Conditions of Service
As stipulated by the Federal Polytechnics Act, the Registrar shall hold office for a period of five years beginning from the effective date of his appointment and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of his appointment; and may be re-appointed for one further period of five years and no more.
Notwithstanding this provision, Council may, upon satisfactory performance, extend the tenure of the Registrar for a further period of one (1) year only and thereafter the Registrar shall relinquish the post and be assigned to other duties in the Polytechnic.
Other conditions of service are as applicable in all other Federal Polytechnics.
Application Closing Date
3rd June, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an online application and upload a copy of their curriculum vitae (CV) at: http://www.federalpolyoko.edu.ng The uploaded CV must be in PDF format and should highlight among others, the following:
Place and Date of Birth
Permanent Home Address
Cell Phone Number
Number and Ages of Children (if any)
Institutions attended with dates
Academic Qualifications obtained with dates.
Present Employment, indicating present status and salary
Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
Extra Curriculum Activities
Evidence of Community Service
Each applicant must have three (3) referees who should be requested by the applicant to forward their (referee's) report under confidential cover by Courier Service directly to the Rector in sealed envelopes marked "Post of Registrar, Federal Polytechnic, Oko" and addressed to:
Federal Polytechnic, Oko,
How to Navigate the Website
- To view a PDF copy of the 'Application Guidelines'
- Log on to http://www.federalpolyoko.edu.ng
- Under publications, click on the link 'Advertised Job Position-Application Guidelines for Position of Registrar'
- To complete the Application Form' and Submit your CV online
- Log on to http://www.federalpolyoko.edu.ng
- Click on the link 'Online Applications - Position of Registrar'
Only the applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Any application placed outside the Federal Polytechnic Oko website: http://www.federalpolyoko.edu.ng is placed at the applicant's sole risk.